Search

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ron Thug


Why this name?
My first rap name was "Ron Tagalog" because I'm using foreign jocked beats as my instru. so it seems like a tagalog version of the foreign song. But "Ron Tagalog is too plain, and I heard that some one already got that tagalog on their names. So I decided to add a lil' spice to it and made it "Ron Thug"
influenced by my gangsta peers back in 04' LOL. And also that is what I represent the streets and also I can still use "Ron Tagalog" spelled "Ron Thugalog".

Do you play live?
Yes, when I was starting doing my thing I worked as a club emcee in Malate, Manila doing three gigs a week rocking the crowd hard. But when I got my hype on got noticed and acquainted with other productions. I focused in writing songs, that's why now you can catch me more often perform live doing sets on hip-hop gigs. I love it when I perform where nobody knows your song then after a few days you'll receive a message that they can't wait to see you perform live again! And the second time you perform they know the words my song. What a great feeling!!!

How, do you think, does the internet (or mp3) change the music industry?
It builds and destroy!

Would you sign a record contract with a major label?
Yes of course!

Favorite spot?
I'm originally from Pasay city, Manila where I grew up, its fun hanging out in SM M.O.A. especially when I'm with my Fam. and also when my friends in MA.DOCS. are there. Also I reside in Las PiƱas city, Manila when I'm there if not in Turbulence Production Studio its Perpspective all the way!! Talking about life with a glass of beer.

Equipment used:
Funny to say but some of my songs before are recorded with a mic stick, which a close friend gave me back in 04, when I was starting. But thank God I upgraded my system now I'm using a Beringer EURORACK Mic mixer (c/o Katz audio), Genuine Shure SM58 (c/o Turb. Prod.) and an Audigy 2 ZS which I bought.

source:http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=908920

"OO remix" -ROn thug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-7TC7Bw248

No comments:

Post a Comment